Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Jordan/Middle East Bucket-list


    So far the list is just for Jordan - but once I get some more time to hash out things I want to see and do (and when my back is better), I'll expand :)
      1. Try all of these foods and drinks
      2. Partake in a two-day adventure in Petra (technically only one day)
      3. Spend a "bedouin night" under the stars
      4. Wine tasting at the Winemaker, the Zumot Wines’ tasting rooms just outside Amman
      5. Take Arabic classes
      6. Check out the Farmer's Markets of Amman
      7. Dip my toes and hands into the Jordan River
      8. Hike around Wadi Mujib.
      9. Visit the Dana Biosphere Reserve
      10. Jerash (and the market!)
      11. Go east of Amman to see the "Desert Castles" (still have 2 left to see)
      12. Umm Qais
      13. Long Drive along King's Highway, created to help east the pilgrimage to Mecca way  back when.
      14. Learn to cook Mansaf (traditional and most famous Jordanian dish)
      15. Ancient Amman (including the citadel and the amphitheater)
      16. See the mosaic map of the Holy Land in Madaba
      17. Wadi Rum!
      18. Go for a little swim in the Red Sea and the Dead Sea (technically I only dipped my feet in – too cold to swim)
      19. Mount Nebo and Mount Pisgah
      20. Ajlun Castle 
      21. Feast my eyes on King Abdullah I's Mosque 
      22. Jordan Archaeological Museum (in the citadel)
      23. Take a nice relaxing swim in the Ma'in Hot Springs 
      24. Walk down al-Wakalat Street and al-Rainbow street in Amman
      25. Ummayad Palace (in citadel)
      26. Darat al Funun 
          This is the longest bucket list I have ever made!!
          But I figure, I'll be back - maybe several times...


          Have you been to Jordan or the Middle East??
          If you think of something I should add, 
          leave a comment and let me know!

          No comments:

          Post a Comment